Thursday, March 8, 2007

Night Whispers by Leslie Kelly

When Kelsey Logan moved to Baltimore to work in radio, she needed a place to stay; fortunately Mitch Wymore, had a spare room in his townhouse. Mitch grew up with Kelsey and even though they were neighbors, he thought of Kelsey as the younger sister he never had. That is until she moved into his house. Now Mitch can’t keep his eyes off the lovely young woman he’s afraid that making a move would break their brother sister relationship. Now will they remain brother and sister or will Kelsey find the strength to make the first move.

This is Leslie Kelly’s first novel and it’s easy to see why she sold the very first book she wrote. I loved the subplot where Kelsey hosted a late night radio called Night Whispers, whose primary topic was sex which she tried to hide from Mitch. Add that a stalker created enough mystery to keep me turning pages quickly. I especially liked the fact that Leslie set this story in Baltimore where I spent the first 30 odd years of my life. though for some reason I don’t remember this particular radio show My only problem was the book was over way too quickly and now I have to wait 'till summer for Leslie's next book

Details: Temptation, September 1999

Excellence Rating: Great

Steaminess Factor: Yummy

No comments: