Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Dirty by Megan Hart

Elle is trying to put her life back together after watching it slide downhill for many years. First she sought comfort with any man who’d have her and now she’s learned to avoid men completely. Then she met Dan. Dan was unique. He didn’t judge her because of her past and didn’t try to control her future. He simply allowed her find herself. Unfortunately for Elle, finding herself was yet another hurdle she wasn’t ready to cross. So can Dan help Elle find her own way or will he end up shattering her life completely?

Spice is one of those lines that I'm trying to understand and when I saw the description of this book, I decided it was time to take another look at Spice. I expected to read an unusual story and Megan delivered. When I finally reached the end of this book, I was sad because I know a lot of people will pass up a such moving story simply because of the raw sex it contains. This book isn’t really about sex, but about learning to cope with the past. If you think you can get past the sex, then I know you’ll enjoy this story.

Details: Spice, January 2007

Excellence Rating: Great

Steaminess Factor: Inferno

1 comment:

CrankyOtter said...

Hey Wayne, thanks for the link to your blog review. I find it interesting in that I picked up the book knowing there was a lot of sex and you're warning people about the reason I picked it up. Mostly, I've been finding a lot of my reading either too tame, vanilla, or repetetive when it comes to the romance, so I've started branching out. I picked up Dirty as it had good reviews as a whole book, not just as a titillating read, though. I'm definitely someone who needs there to be a reason for all the action in a book, be it sexual or otherwise.