Thursday, December 21, 2006

Cowboy Vet by Pamela Britton

Jessie Monroe is a girl with a past – a past that placed herself at odds with her high school crush, Rand Sheppard. Rand wanted nothing to do with Jessie, but found himself in need of a vet tech and the only qualified person he could find was Jessie. But while Rand knew he should be angry with Jessie for the things she did years ago, he can’t help but see something very attractive in her eyes. Now Rand isn’t sure what to do about Jessie’s history, but will Jessie solve his problem by leaving forever?

My first American Romance is not what I had expected. Pamela did an excellent job crafting a story that made you want to unravel Jessie's past. The characters also had more depth than I would have expected for this line. I was surprised to find some sex in this book (watch out FF :) ). While the sex wasn’t at the same level of detail or intensity as you’d see in a Blaze, it seemed to fit well the story. Now I’ve need to try to find some of Pamela’s older American Romances and I just might have to try a few other stories in that line too.

Score: Great

Details: American Romance #1143, December 2006

No comments: