Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Show Her The Money by Stephanie Feagan

Whitney “Pink” Pearl was in charge of an audit of Marvel Energy, when she found a conspiracy to defraud Marvel’s stockholders. So she blew the whistle on the Marvel and her own bosses and became persona non grata to both companies. Desperate for a job, Pink went to work for her mother’s accounting firm and was assigned to work with Sam Weston, who investigates financial fraud. Her mother also introduces her to a lawyer known as Ed to represent her. Unfortunately for Pink both men are fighting for her attention, though neither one is doing a lot to help her solve her problems, especially finding the person responsible for sending her threats accompanied by bags of dog waste. Will the men cooperate in order to save her from the Doo Doo Stalker and which one will Pink pick?

I really enjoyed this book. Told in first person, I found myself laughing at the subtle humor as well as refusing to put the book down each time Pink’s life was in danger. I especially liked the Doo Doo Stalker and how his threats actually became conversations. In many ways, this book reminded me the most of Stephanie Plum in Evanovich’s books of the three Bombshell’s I’ve read recently. I highly recommend this book and I need to find the rest of the books she wrote.

Details: Bombshell #40, April 2005

Bottom line: A great book

No comments: