Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Her High-Stakes Affair by Katherine Garbera

Scott Rivers, a rich and famous TV star decided to appear on World Champion Celebrity Poker Showdown, a reality TV show directed by Raine Montgomery. Upon seeing Raine for the first time, Scott decided he had to have her. So when his friend bet him $50,000 that he couldn’t bed her before the show was finished, Scott took the bet, not knowing that Raine had overheard their conversation. Raine decided to play Scott like a game of poker and lead him into thinking he’d win, but turn him down at the last minute causing him to lose his bet. Unfortunately, Raine didn’t realize that the stakes in the game she was playing was for much more than money. If she lost, she stood to lose her heart.

I realize that I haven’t read many Desires, but the few that I’ve read in the past didn’t seem to hold my attention the way that a Blaze does. Since I finished reading my April Blazes a few weeks ago, I’ve been looking for other books to read, so I decided to read a current Desire. I was very surprised. Katherine created a very good story with inviting characters and lots of sexual tension. I like the way she introduced the characters and set up their conflict. The middle of the story included some hot sex that felt more Blaze-like than the previous Desires I’ve read. I guess I’ll try a few more books in the What Happens In Vegas series along with some of the other Desires on the market to see how I like the line.

Details: Desire #1714, March 2006

Bottom line: A very good book

No comments: