Sunday, March 26, 2006

A New Attitude by Charlotte Hughes

Marilee Abernathy woke up one day to find that her husband had left her for a floozy. To make matters worse, her son helped him move. But she never expected that her husband would resign his duties as a church minister. Rather than live with the shame, she tried to commit suicide, only to fail miserably. Then in her darkest moment, Sam Brewer walked into her life. Her friends rallied around her too, and soon Marilee had adopted a whole new attitude about life.

I’ve enjoyed the Full series of books that Charlotte has written with Janet Evanovich, so I couldn’t resist reading something she wrote alone. But I have to confess when I found that Marilee was a minister’s wife, I put the book down and reached for another Blaze :) . But I knew I’d read this one eventually and I’m glad I did. Charlotte created some rather unique and memorable characters and the filled the book with humor. I really enjoyed it once I got into the story and I think you will too.

Details: HQN, February 2006

Bottom line: A pretty good book

No comments: